News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Nice to see some activity here

Started by norton73, June 13, 2024, 02:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

It's been a while since I had headed over here. Hadn't really given this forum much thought recently until I heard about Don's mishap.

I'll try to post more in the future and look forward to seeing our old members and meeting new members.

Still got the good ol' Norton and still riding it. After 55 years of riding, I've never bought a new bike. I finally broke down a couple weeks ago and picked up a Moto Guzzi V85TT in Cincinnati OH on the way to meet friends for a week of riding in southern Ohio.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Chuck & Susan

Nice looking bike. It screams get out and ride and I'm sure you will. Enjoy!!!

Hope to see you and the wife at Barber's in October if not before then on the road somewhere.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Nice Goat

I too am planning to make more of an effort going forward.  We are moving my daughter to college (T-town) in a couple of weeks, so I will finally have more time for riding!  I'm already putting together RFP #18...
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

JBMFT

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 14, 2024, 11:51:46 PMI too am planning to make more of an effort going forward.  We are moving my daughter to college (T-town) in a couple of weeks, so I will finally have more time for riding!  I'm already putting together RFP #18...

Hope I can make it!

TFancher

I haven't been here in a while but I'm gonna try to start posting more stuff. I miss the "good old days" when the forum was very active and we got together to ride often. Maybe we can make a comeback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

klaviator

Most of us have moved over to ADV and there is a lot of activity there.  I do check this forum almost every day and try to post something once in a while. 

This forum could make a comeback if enough people started posting. 

Chuck & Susan

And seeing the wonderful bike pics helps a lot too. I wish I was more of a camera person. Yall just seen to know how to set up great shots!!

Thanks
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

norton73

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on August 09, 2024, 07:32:04 AMAnd seeing the wonderful bike pics helps a lot too. I wish I was more of a camera person. Yall just seen to know how to set up great shots!!

Thanks

One of my limitations here is that i used to take my pics with a camera and download them to a hosting site. Now i take most of my pics with a phone and getting the pics off the phone and to the hosting site is slow and painful. I still take bunches of pics, but because I can't attach them directly from my phone, I don't end up posting as many.

norton73

Quote from: klaviator on August 08, 2024, 11:56:25 AMMost of us have moved over to ADV and there is a lot of activity there.  I do check this forum almost every day and try to post something once in a while. 

This forum could make a comeback if enough people started posting. 

yeah, I'm banned over on ADV due to thin skinned mods and rapidly changing rules over there. My ban expires Nov 14. I can still read posts everywhere but Jo Momma, but I can no longer post anywhere. It's also a pain because I can't "watch" threads or go to the last unread. I had been hoping to make it up your way for a Saturday ride come Fall when it cools down. Greg lives another hour or so further south than me, so I really don't have an excuse. I'm also hoping y'all do the TN Dirt Devil again when it fits into my schedule.
Currently I'll be on the road and out of town from Labor Day to the 16th of September going to the Norton club's Fall rally in VA and hanging out at my wife's parent's lakehouse in southern VA.
I'm also planning on hitting Notta notta Rally near Bryson City NC in october.

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: norton73 on August 09, 2024, 10:48:23 AMOne of my limitations here is that i used to take my pics with a camera and download them to a hosting site. Now i take most of my pics with a phone and getting the pics off the phone and to the hosting site is slow and painful. I still take bunches of pics, but because I can't attach them directly from my phone, I don't end up posting as many.

@norton73  I'm going to sound like a commercial...  I don't take many pictures but when I do I use TapaTalk to post them. No hosting site needed and upload straight from my phone. Best of all it's still free to use. otherwise I'm reading and making post from this computer.

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

thinwater

Checked in to see whats going on, and leaving proof.

klaviator

Quote from: norton73 on August 09, 2024, 10:57:37 AMyeah, I'm banned over on ADV due to thin skinned mods and rapidly changing rules over there. My ban expires Nov 14. I can still read posts everywhere but Jo Momma, but I can no longer post anywhere. It's also a pain because I can't "watch" threads or go to the last unread. I had been hoping to make it up your way for a Saturday ride come Fall when it cools down. Greg lives another hour or so further south than me, so I really don't have an excuse. I'm also hoping y'all do the TN Dirt Devil again when it fits into my schedule.
Currently I'll be on the road and out of town from Labor Day to the 16th of September going to the Norton club's Fall rally in VA and hanging out at my wife's parent's lakehouse in southern VA.
I'm also planning on hitting Notta notta Rally near Bryson City NC in october.

It seems like a lot of people being banned over there.  I try to stay out of anything controversial.  A lot of the banned inmates are over at ADVbikes. 

norton73

A bunch of the folks from Adv, especially a bunch of the folks I know from going to RDV and Notta Rallies, are over at Valley of the Banned

https://www.valleyofthebanned.com/

Merkur Man

"Valley of the Banned" That's really funny. I would be afraid to go there....!

Guidedawg

I'm still a cruiser guy and not doing many rides other than a daily commute.  Still, I did get out this weekend to get some photo tags for a few motorcycle forums including this one.  I have a hosted site, but still had to use tapatalk, but I'm grateful for that.

I've updated that thread and look forward to others reporting in.