News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

19th Annual Barber Motorsports Vintage Festival

Started by Chitza, June 07, 2024, 06:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chitza

It's that time again and it's never too early to be making plans to attend this year's festival October 11-13, 2024.
MotoAL will have a swap meet booth again this year and we can take your pile of unused parts and gear. Your donations will keep the forum going! If you're doing a garage purge, contact me or any mod to take those unwanted items off your hands.

We will be at Row K, booth 10-12. We will have a shaded place to rest, drop your gear and enjoy some food and refreshments.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck & Susan

People can contact Susan and I if there is any donations here in south Alabama area.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

norton73

Cool. Looking forward to seein' y'all. been awhile. This gives me an excuse to do some more garage cleaning.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

kylepeterson

we threw a dart at the calendar and are doing a ds ride that weekend. maybe we'll cruise through and beep !
just give 'er the berries !

norton73

Damn, it's up to 19 now!  Been every year, always have a house full of out of towners and racers. Can't wait.

Anyone know how to sign up for test rides? There's a couple bikes I'm looking at that I'd like to ride. New Himalayan 450, Triumph 400, maybe one of the new MG v100s.

Got a few things together to donate to the effort.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Merkur Man

To sign up for the demo rides, its first come first served.
You basically stand in a line to fill out the appropriate paperwork, at whichever bike brand that you wish to ride. Make sure that your drivers license has the motorcycle endorsement on the back.
Helmet, over the ankle shoes/boots, full fingered gloves and long sleeves are usually required.
If you get in line early (like I usually do), you will have a better chance of getting the bike and ride time you want.
There are several Suzuki models that I want to try out. The GSX1000GT and the new Vstrom 800. I want to see if this "old body" can still ride a sport touring bike.

I was not aware that Moto Guzzi was going to be there with demo bikes.
I did see where Moto Guzzi will be at TWO in Suches on September 20-22, with their demo fleet. I would like to go up there but have other commitments that weekend.

Merkur Man

Norton73 you are correct. According to the Barbers website, Moto Guzzi will be there.
It looks like the Aprilia/Moto Guzzi dealership in Douglasville GA will be bringing bikes over.

Moto Morini will be there too. They have a nice looking adventure bike called the X-CAPE.
I would like to try that one out. It's a twin cylinder 650cc for like $8000. The red colored one looks awesome. 

klaviator

I did a bunch of demo rides last year.  The line for BMW was really long, like an hour wait much of the time.  Some of the others were much easier and shorter lines.  CFMoto was great.  When you signed up they gave you a card good for the weekend.  Just show up, show the card and pick a bike.