News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

BMWMOAL Ride2Eat

Started by HSV-Phil, July 02, 2024, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

HSV-Phil

Everyone will rendezvous at the White House Restaurant around 1100 on 13 July. The MOAL ate there 15 months ago on a chilly and rainy April day; it's sure to be warmer this month. Recall it's a typical hearty Alabama buffet, so you'll pay for the various meats & veggies you desire. This particular "White House" is found at: 9830 Old Highway 31, Warrior, AL.  [ N33° 47.830' W86° 49.182' ] - Ride or drive whatever works for you if you're in the area!
https://www.facebook.com/people/The-White-House-Restaurant/100063614201628/

Of course, Phil & Karen will breakfast with the North Alabama Vintage Bikers at the Blue Plate Cafe on Governors Drive (like every Saturday); then we'll make a stop at the Murphy's Express on the south Parkway. Plan to depart the Cafe at 0830 and the gas station at 0900. Attaching my GPX waypoint file for July if you can put the data to use.

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

mailto:president@bmwmoal.org
Copy my attachment, then rename it as a Garmin gpx format (why can't we share GPX files?)!

Nice Goat

Just an oversight.  I've modified the forum settings to allow GPX files.  See attached.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

You cannot view this attachment.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

HSV-Phil

Awesome fer sure!

Appreciate your diligence!

All are welcome to Ride Their Own Ride to the White House in/nr Warrior in ten days. 👍

HSV-Phil

For a hot summer's day in central Alabama, we had 11 attendees for lunch today. Seven folks from Huntsville followed my meandering route toward Warrior while four arrived from the Birmingham area. I was told that the group liked the food selection, as well as my crooked journey. The morning's ride south wasn't all that bad temperature wise, but it approached 100F as we returned to HSV. Attached is most of the diners, and then a few of the Beemers parked out back of the White House. 

We'll be wandering off to NW Alabama for the second Saturday in August Ride-2-Eat in St. Florian on the 10th. Join us if U dare, but bring your own camping chair [Takeout only, but their reputation is growing as recently described in Southern Living Magazine]. It'll be another unique BMW MOAL dining experience for sure! Leaving from the Blue Plate Cafe around 0845 in order to arrive around 11:00.
https://www.facebook.com/theshoalsshack/

Ciao, HSV-Phil
president@bmwmoal.org

Sorry, I'm not allowed to upload a .jpeg file.  Maybe in the future?

jrobinson

Quote from: HSV-Phil on July 13, 2024, 09:17:50 PM

Sorry, I'm not allowed to upload a .jpeg file.  Maybe in the future?

Should be able to unless it is too big. Let me know what the error says. I'll correct this so you can post jpeg.

HSV-Phil

Re: sharing a .jpeg photograph.  The photo was from an iPhone by our waitress...

"White-House-Lunch.jpeg You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, gpx. 0.6 MB

Chitza

Quote from: HSV-Phil on July 14, 2024, 01:51:55 PMRe: sharing a .jpeg photograph.  The photo was from an iPhone by our waitress...

"White-House-Lunch.jpeg You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, gpx. 0.6 MB

I'm desperately tech challenged. I upload all my photos to the forum through Tapatalk if that helps.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

jrobinson

HSV-Phil, try the upload again please. I made a change in the settings. I hope it works.

HSV-Phil

Trying to share my only pix from yesterday's R2E to Warrior, AL.

Our Gang sharing a delicious buffet meal on a very warm Saturday; it read 100F on my K-16's dashboard as we entered HSV after coming off the 231 plateau south of town:

Afterwards, some of the M/Cs out behind the restaurant. The Trike belongs to the VP of the BMW MOAL, Tom & Pam...

HSV-Phil

Quote from: jrobinson on July 14, 2024, 06:24:00 PMHSV-Phil, try the upload again please. I made a change in the settings. I hope it works.

Well J, appreciate your perseverance. It'll be easier for somebody else's next post! 👍

norton73

My wife and I started the day planning on meeting y'all for lunch, but the heat by 11 was getting too tiring. We got out early, 8ish, and rode backroads around St Clair, Blount, and Cullman counties. Maybe the next one. Hopefully we have both airheads back running soon.
Loose nut holding the handlebars